Basic information on using the programs, mistakes when inputting source data, certificates of our programs
LineS package programs are registered in State Registry of Computer Programs.
Certification body for program products in construction (Center of Standardization and Certification) of Federal Agency on technical regulations and methodology for certification system - Russian National Standard issued certificate of conformity for the main justifying program LineMech (LineMech), “Mechanical calculation of wires, cords, and self-supporting cables” affirming its compliance to the following documents:
- Electric Installations Regulations (EIR), 7th edition.
- РД 153.34.0-48.518-98 “Rules of designing, building and maintaining fiber optic communication lines on overhead power transmission lines of 110 kV and more”. Ministry for the Power Generating Industry of Russian Federation, RAO Unified Energy System of Russia, State Committee on Communication of Russian Federation. 1998.
- Organization Standard 153-34.48.519-2002 “Rules of designing, building and maintaining fiber optic communication line on overhead power transmission lines of 0.4-35kV”. Ministry for the Power Generating Industry of Russian Federation, Ministry for the Communication and Informatization, 2002.
It cannot be certified for conformity nor to “Terms of the Suspension and Mounting a Self-supporting Fiber Optic Cable on Contact Network Supports and High-Voltage Interlocking Lines (approved by Ministry of Railways of Russia 16.08.1999. № TSE/TSIS-677), neither to “Terms of construction and repairs of communication lines and optical lines” according to the decision of certifying committee, because these documents are not included in the list of normative documents on construction effective in Russian Federation.
The certified program is the kernel, the basic program of other program modules LineCross(Cad), LineMount(Cad), LineLoad the calculating part of which differs by several formulas that are presented in User Guides for the programs and on page "Theory and Practice" of this site.
And now, the thing to remember. It is possible to cause breakdown of a line even when using a certified program having performed correct calculations for decades. It is enough to input incorrect unverified source data. It the climate is not right, the Rules are broken and supports fall down like dominoes.
Our programs are designated for specialists, designing communication and power transmission lines on a regular basis. The programs are created to facilitate the work of engineers. Designers should learn the theory based on which the calculating programs are created in institutions and be qualified and certified.
The basic points of the theory implemented in our programs are presented on page "Theory and Practice".
The places of these programs in your projects are indicated on page «Automation of Design».
In order to help the beginner-users of our programs to avoid mistakes, our company delivers «hot-line support» .
The calculating algorithm of the programs has been proven effective by decades of its application in specialized institutions and several years of application in many Russian and CIS organizations.
As a rule the “incorrect” calculation is a result of incorrectly input source data.
Most often mistakes when inputting source data:
1. Calculation for imprecise data on the wire, cord, cable or for the ones from the reference catalog of the program. The data should be taken from reliable sources: EIR, National Standard, Technical Conditions, manufacturer’s data.
2. Calculation for wrong climatic conditions. Climatic conditions and reference loads should be taken based on weather research, EIR.
3. Incorrect application of reference reliability coefficients according to 2.5.11. EIR. There are cases when unjustified coefficients are used without the customer’s permission.
4. Accepting permissible tension higher than that indicated by EIR, including the disregard for permissible tension at average annual temperature (see example).
5. Accepting permissible tension regardless of the loads on supports, constructions.
Example: Based on the calculation of voltage losses in the network of 10 kV, self-supporting insulated wires СИПЗ(50) with the sectional area of 50 mm2 were selected. The supports allow for the stress not higher than 640 daN per a phase. This is why the line designer accepts the maximum permissible tension as 640/50 = 12.8 daN/mm2 of the wire’s sectional area. The same tension the designer uses for the mode of average operating temperature. The calculations of mounting stresses and sag are performed (including our programs) and the mounting tables for the mounters are prepared.
The experienced mounters could see without any calculations that the sag were considerably understated (the wires will be overdrawn) and were right.
According to EIR, these wires allow for the maximum tension of 11.4 daN/mm2 at the maximum load and lowest temperature; 8.5 daN/mm2 – at average annual temperature.
Two mistakes are obvious:
1. The maximum permissible tension was increased from 11.4 to 12.8daN/mm2 at the maximum load and the lowest temperature.
2. The maximum permissible tensions was increased form 8.5 to 12.8 daN/mm22 at average annual temperature.
The same permissible tension could occur for a wire, cord, self-supporting cable in all modes, but not for the given conditions. Besides, it is never higher that at average annual temperature according to EIR, National Standard, Technical Conditions.
Thus, the mechanical calculation of the wire was not performed, the overall span was not accounted for. It is unknown if the clearances for undercrossing the lines of higher voltage were provided.
This is an obvious violation of EIR, but such a project was done and accepted by the customer.
Previously, the programs for outer electric networks did not fall within the competence ща Russian Federation State Committee for Construction that issued the certificates.
Presently, after RAO Unified Energy System of Russia was abolished, it is possible to certify program products in Certification body for program means in constructions (РОСС RU.0001.11СП15 of 21.06.2005) that possesses the Federal Fund of Program Means that are widely used in construction.
There is a simple rule: If you need a program, select a program, justify its necessity for your boss, buy it.
Previously, there were no programs in Russia for power industry having a valid certificate of conformity.
We mean for power industry, for outer networks of former RAO Unified Energy System, not for electrics – internel plants networks, housing services and utilities and the like equeal to State Committee for Construction competence.
Not one program of former EnergoSelProject or SelEnergoProject working within the Department of Energy and Electrification and then acting like shareholders of RAO UES did have the certificate.
There were no Methodological management in the power industry like Principal Technical Office in former USSR.
The only thing we could count on is presentations of our programs and articles in mass-media. I.e. we had our programs mentioned in mass-media to show this on or site, at best, but not the certificates.
Presently, we have yet another certificate for the program performing mechanical calculation of wires, cords, and self-supporting cables, which, in its turn, is a part, kernel for other calculating programs – of crossings, mounting tables and ballasts in view of their correspondence to EIR, Rules of constructing FOCL on overhead lines of 0.4-35kV, overhead lines of 110kV and more.
For those customers who ask for the certificates of conformity for the programs LineNet10 for the networks of 6, 10, 20 kV calculating voltage losses and short-circuit currents: we cannot bring ourselves to pay for a certificate of conformity to Ohm law (calculation of voltage losses, operating currents), but the calculation of loads based on charts is justified by certain reference catalogs for the program.
However, we have found a way to certify the programs in view of their conformity to the National Standard, which were used for development and ask the user to follow normative documents.